Lilypie 4th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Previous Posts

Thursday, September 11, 2008

First day out of the house.........in big boy underwear

This morning Aiden had his first gymnastics class. I thought it was at 10:30, but it was at 10:00, so we were late. Aiden had fun, but he didn't want to do anything the teacher said and just wanted to run around. I hope it goes better next week. But, after class, Aiden used the potty there! I was worried how he was going to be with a public bathroom, but he was fine! We then went over to our friend's house and she watched him for awhile and we hung out until 7pm. All day long he kept going in to use the bathroom and never even told us! When my friend was watching him, she said that he wanted to go like every 5 minutes. I think it's because they have a peter potty (a standing urinal) and he loved using it. She told me that once, he was going potty and since he had been going so much, he didn't have much to pee and he was pushing so hard that he pooped in his underwear! haha. He also pooped in them one other time (but had no pee accidents). I'm not really sure how to train him for the pooping part, but other than that, I can say that Aiden is potty trained! This 3 day program really worked! It was exhausting but well worth it! He was dry all night last night, but woke us up this morning saying that he was wet.
He liked the peter potty so much, that my friend gave it to me (I am watching her kids in return) because they are not using it. Here is what it looks like.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow that is a neat thing... I don't have any boys yet. glad to hear potty training has gone so well for you.... Hopefully it just gets easier:)

Annie Pennington said...

That is a really cool thing! If I ever have a little boy I'll have to invest in one! I'm really so very proud of Aiden!!!

Unknown said...

Yea for Aiden! And for you I'm sure he'll be a pro in a week!

Jon and Maryanne said...

That is a cool contraption!!!! I have never heard of it, but will maybe look into getting one when Eli starts to potty train!

Unknown said...

Hey I sent you my phone number on your myspace. I so wanted to talk more yesterday but I am all out of minutes. I work 4- midnight my time.. i think it is only 5 hours difference now.... so you can call me anytime before 9 pm your time..

Backwoods Browns said...

That is too cool! I want one for my house! I wonder how hard it is to find one! I will have to look into it!! Potty training is fun isn't it!!