Lilypie 4th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Previous Posts

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Yummy Healthy Carrot Zucchini Muffins

I have been looking for some yummy healthy treats to make and came across this recipe for these muffins. I made them last night and they are really good! Just wanted to share this recipe with you!

Ingredients
1/4 c. canola oil
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 c. applesauce
1 c. grated carrots
1 c. grated zucchini
1 c. all-purpose whole wheat flour
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 400F
In a large bowl, whisk together oil and sugar.
Beat in egg, then applesauce.
Stir in carrots and zucchini.
In another large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Fold dry ingredients into wet, until just mixed.
Spoon batter to the very top of sprayed, paper-lined muffin cups and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in a muffin.

NUTRITION DATA: (per muffin)
Calories 162
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 5.3g
Saturated Fat 0.8g
Polyunsat. Fat 2.7g
Monounsat. Fat 1.4g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 17mg
Sodium 179mg
Potassium 153mg
Total Carbohydrate 27g
Dietary Fiber 2.1g
Sugars 9.5g
Protein 3g
Vitamin A 1585mcg
Vitamin B6 0.1mg
Vitamin B12 0.1mcg
Vitamin C 2mg
Vitamin E 1mcg
Calcium 78mg
Magnesium 22mg
Iron 1mg

2 comments:

Alex and Amanda Clum said...

Hi! I was friends with Bryan many years ago in Jr. High (He knows me as Amanda Winters), and I am new to blogging, and my husband and I are moving overseas to Shanghai in 2 weeks. I am trying to make some friends online, as myspace is not allowed in china. I'm from spokane, wa, and this is my first time moving away from home. Although you live in Germany, and are with the military, I figured you and Bryan may be good people to ask advice from if I need it. Thanks!

Annie Pennington said...

These seriously do look GOOD...I gotta try this!