Lilypie 4th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Previous Posts

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Starting the 3 day potty training adventure!

So I don't know how many of you have heard of the 3 day potty training concept, but I thought I would try it. I have personally known a TON of people (just in the last few weeks) who have tried it, and every single one of them has been successful in the 3 days at fully potty training their child! The author of the e-book, the 3 day potty training guide, says that ANY child over 22 months old, WILL be potty trained in 3 days as long as you stick to the program.
I am going to be starting on Monday. Basically, in the morning, we "throw" away (I put that in quotes cause I can't THROW his diapers cause Kamryn uses the same ones) his diapers and put him into underwear. He only wears a t-shirt and underwear for the 3 days that he is potty training and we can't go anywhere for those 3 days. I have to be by his side the ENTIRE day and can't let him out of my sight. I have to constantly keep telling him to tell mommy when he has to go potty and if I see that he is about to go, I run him to the bathroom. Throughout the day I give him TONS of liquids so he has many opportunities to use the bathroom. She says to buy 20-30 pairs of underwear. I bought 25. She says that it "clicks" for most kids on the second day. I will not be putting a diaper on him during the night either. Each time he goes potty, he will get 1 m&m and a sticker to put on his chart. The chart will just be something to look at so he can see how many times he has gone potty. Also, every time he goes poop (which he has only done once in the potty before), her will get to pick out a matchbox car (we stocked up on the 97 cent cars).
Anyway, I just wanted to give you an idea of our upcoming journey! Wish us luck and I will keep you posted on how he is doing!!

1 comment:

Annie Pennington said...

GOOD LUCK! I know Aiden will do great!!!