
My friend Annie made a post about this on her blog, and I thought it was a really neat idea! The idea is that you find 1 word that you want to focus on throughout the entire year. Her word was "strength". I kept thinking how powerful that word was and really wanted to use that one for myself as well, but I really felt like I needed to choose my own word. Several ran through my mind but I really need to find the PERFECT word to help me get through this year.
"Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2009?
It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.
One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities."
I thought a lot about this and really wanted it to mean something to me. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very hard year for our family. A lot of changes are going to be made. After much thought, I finally feel like I have come up with the right word. BELIEVE. It can have so many meanings. I have to believe that everything happens for a reason. I have to believe that things will work out how they are supposed to. I have to believe that I can get through anything, no matter what. I have to believe in myself that I can be the best person I know how to be. The list could go on and on. But I feel like this is a good choice.
be·lieve (b
-l
v
)
-l
v
)v. be·lieved, be·liev·ing, be·lieves
1. To have firm faith, especially religious faith.
2. To have faith, confidence, or trust:
3. To have confidence in the truth or value of something:
4. To have an opinion; think:
I want to be able to remember this throughout the year and not forget it. I am going to do my best to leave notes around the house as little reminders to me that I just need to Believe in myself and everything I do. I need to Believe that I can get through anything.
I found this link and I think that I am going to order myself one with the word BELIEVE on it.
Good luck to everyone in 2009!


4 comments:
I like this, one thing I've come to realize is that you have to make time for and take care of yourself. And, to me, this is what your post is all about. Way to go girl. I like the necklace too.
Awesome word Ashlie! Best of luck on the upcoming year! I BELIEVE (well actually I know!) you'll do WONDERFUL!
Love this post! I gets you thinking!
somehow in the midst of travel and time changes, I missed this blog... I love it. I know everything will work out the way it needs to... Keep it up. I can't wait to someday see you again.
Post a Comment